Today was my first workout with Darius, and what a great experience it was! The purpose of today's session was an initial assessment of my current KB skills, along with some instructions/pointers on form and technique. Since I'm pretty much self-taught in terms of KB technique, it was great to get some of the finer points of the Turkish Get Up, Swing and Clean and Press.
We started off with some stretches and Qi-gong moves to enhance flexibility and tension/strength. Even got a cool exercise to strengthen those ankles I seem to sprain all the time! From stretching, we went into the mechanics of the swing, including the right starting position as well as the tempo, force and shoulder positioning required for the exercise. I used to swing heavier KBs, but now realize how poorly I was doing it!
We then worked with the Turkish get up, the clean and press, and finished up with an overhead farmer's walk. All in all, a great workout, and exceptionally educational! WooHoo!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment