Friday's workout was a very good one in the sense that I got to work on some exercises I really want to improve on (Snatches and TGUs), along with some others for good measure.
However, since there's so little time in a "clock never stops" 30-second interval, doing pull-ups was kind of tough. By the time you find your rhythm, you're done! A one-minute interval, like FGB works, but when it takes 15-20 secs to "band in", a 30-second effort gets kind of pointless.
Also need to work the planque better before the L-sits...but that's for another post.
I feel really good about using the 36lb KB for the snatch....and think I can do the 45 with a little more practice. For me, it's not so much as issue of strength with the snatch, but one ot fiming where KBs and my wrists are concerned.
I've always loved kettlebells (searching for a KB instructor is how I found Jerry), and want to get the TGUs up to a 36lb bell. Although these are exercises I like, I don't always get to practice them to the point in which I'm comfortable with pushing heavier weights right now. It's more confidence and familarity than anything else, but it does make a difference.
Also, I need to get some more Crossfit T-shirts. The "Rest Later" ones must have come out when I was on hiatus and I could use a 2XL...hint, hint!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment