Monday, December 17, 2007

Kung Fu Fighting......

Monday's workout was a good one in the sense that we did some single arm action and some new variations on old favorites. Warmup was really good with 2 rds of Standard-Issue Jerry Hill cals and then 6 minutes/3rds of TGUs, Lunges and Strict Presses in a 2-4-6 rep string. Did them with the 26lb KB ('cause I'm just so damn retro cool...).

The main event was an 8-10-12 rep blend of Pull-ups, Squatting Box Jumps and Sledgehammer Slamballs. Got in 4.33 rds in 20 minutes (extra pull-ups) and felt pretty good. This should, hopefully, be the last week of pink bands, and onto the pull-up floss.

The hardest part was getting the motion right for the Slamball (not too hard) and the box squat jumps (very difficult and almost alien). Squat form suffered on the bottom position....but was really good at the top. However, it took me a while to get placed and feel right, so I didn't do as many as I wished. Need to work this skill a bit more, especially since I'm highly uncoordinated.

Missed out on the Tabata situps due to time constraints.....need to think of an after-dinner workout to balance the load. Any suggestions?

1 comment:

Adrienne said...

Hey magoo, Hope your foot is okay. let us know what's happening. Hope it doesn't put a damper on your holiday plans.