Well, this was a highly different Crossfit session than I expected. After getting in only 2 rounds of Tabata box squats (pacing at 7 per round), I landed unevenly on my right ankle and BADLY sprained it, along with straining my left wrist. I have the X-rays to prove it, too!
Saw my family practitioner and an ortho guy and got a formal diagnosis of NASTY ankle sprain (and that's a direct quote). I was issued one of those walking boots and wrist braces, with instructions of 2-4 weeks use, minimum. Pain pills, too.
I'm not pissed about the sprain or, for that matter, the pain....periodic injury is often the price
of performance in this kind of endeavor. However, I just wish I'd gotten more of the workout completed first. I felt like it was gonna be a good one.....I got f$%^ing gypped!
Before I go any further, I absolutely have to thank each and every one of you for your concern and your assistance. There's no worse way to discover the strength, character and generousity of a team than through personal injury. Krissy and I were completely blown away by your concern, appreciative of your expertise, and grateful for your help. One of these days when I can actually attend a Happy Hour, the first drink will be on me. Thank you, one and all.
I haven't decided what I'm going to do yet in terms of workouts. I have a follow up on the 26th, and I hope to get cleared for swimming at least. So, for the first week, I'm just kickin' back with my bionic equipment. My intent is to swim and walk, gradually working my way back to swings, C2 rowing, and depending on the wrist, push and pull-ups. My hope is that by the 20th of January, I should be back to fighting trim. We'll see. In the meantime, RoboMagoo must attend to his family and take his 9 o'clock meds.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Heal up buddy! You'll be back out there in no time!
Get better soon! And no more box jumps for you!
So sorry to hear about your sprain!! I hope you've been able to get some good rest. When do you think you'll head back to CFOT?
Post a Comment