OK, long title, short post...by my standards anyway. First off, I didn't have Pork Rinds or Wings...it was a steak with fried sweet potatoes and a sundae, and I didn't have anything else for the rest of the day.
Now, onto the workout. Loved the "Killer Cals" this morning of mixing up a drill with a cal (jumping jacks and slamball, for example) Great cardio burn, and a nice refresher for swings and slamballs.
The main event, a combo of Pullups, Pushups, Front Squats and Squat Jumps in 20 minuts went fairly well. Finished in 21:10 with 4 rounds. Wish I could've done the full sets of 10 for the PUs, but 6 really was the best number today. All the others exercises were completed in sets of 10, including the 75lb front squats.
I'm really starting to groove on the squats, even though I don't feel quite right in the wrists when I do them. That whole finger thing really stresses my left wrist, which was badly sprained a few years ago from a bicycle fall. It's not a sharp pain, but it doesn't build my confidence in trying bigger weights. Don't know how to strengthen it more, but hope we do more barbell work so I can get more comfortable with the positioning. Practice makes passable.
So, just trying to make it through the day on a pack of trail mix and some Propel (Can't stomach almost a gallon of Fort Belvoir water....deal with it!), but that damn salad better be waitin' on me when I get home.......
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Gret post's Magoo...all of them!
Yes I have a t-shirt for you...please remind me on Friday!
Post a Comment