Wednesday, February 20, 2008

4th and Inches.....

Today’s warmup consisted of some sub-maximal practice of various exercises. Did some pushups and then started some ring work with Chriss. Although my foot positioning has improved (you really have to stand in FRONT of the rings), I still need to focus on keeping the arms close in. Some of this is a shoulder flexibility issue, but I also think another component is how the straps are positioned relative to my elbows. Next time, I’ll try to keep the straps inside of my elbows so that I’m not really touching them.

Almost got a pullup without the band…..just about six more inches to go…..

Now....for the Main Event!

5 Strict Press (65lbs)

10 Bench Dips (Legs Fully Extended)

15 Kettlebell Swings (53 lbs)

AMRAP in 20:00

6 and 2/3rd rds (Didn’t get in another set of KB swings)

I used the 53lb bell for the first time, and it felt pretty good. I need to reemphasize hip drive and not let my arms do the work. Mentally, I know what to do, but it’s sometimes hard to make my body do what my mind wants.

The bench dips were pretty easy, and I appreciate Jerry’s help with the Strict Press. 65 was about the right weight, and his advice on bracing my backsides in order to take the strain off my lower back was most helpful.

Overall, this was a fun and simple circuit, although I’m psyched about being so close to a pull-up!

No comments: