Friday's workout, as is quickly becoming the norm, was an abbreviated one. I got a late start on the TGU work, but managed to do pretty well with a 45lb KB, however, a 36lb KB is just about right for me. I couldn't get any on the barbell, as maintaining my grip and balance was just too much at my max weight.
The main circuit was both brutal and simple.....5 rounds of
20 KB Swings (52lbs)
10 Front Squats (65lbs)
10 Chins (Pullup Floss)
20 Wallball Situps (15lbs)
I got through 2 whole rounds in 16:20, but really messed up on the kipping. Need to emphasize the hip drive, as that's what really gets you over the bar. Did try a "bandless" pullup and almost made it. Had I kipped correctly, I really think I'd been over the bar for the first time.
Gonna try again on Monday, and see if either Jerry or Chriss can give me some pointers on how to improve.
Because I am a CrossFit addicted fool, I'm gonna try to make up for the abbreviated workout by doing another one at the office. Since we don't have barbells or a decent pullup bar, I'm gonna try a circuit I've "invented" called For Whom the Bell Tolls. Because there's only one KB here (a 36lber), I'm going to use a lighter weight that I would want, but hopefully, this circuit should round out this morning's effort through metcon, not strength.
50 KB Swings (36lb)
40 Squats (36lb)
30 Situps (36lb, if doable, dumbbell otherwise)
20 KB Snatches (10/arm)
10 TGUs (5/arm)
Ran out of gas on the TGUs. Even when I used a 25lb dumbbell, I couldn't keep the active shoulder and get decent form, so I decided to row for 1000m instead. The first part of the workout took 11:46, and I did the row in 4:14 Disappointed, yeah, but I know I made the right choice. This weekend's workout will consist of nothing more strenous than taking Elvis the dog on two long walks.....it's just too cold to take Kitten out of the house for very long!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Did ya get it in Magoo?
Post a Comment